Island Senior Resources (Bayview)
14594 SR 525
Langley, WA 98260
Contact us. Our Bayview location is opened weekdays 8:30 a.m to 4 p.m.
- Providing in person Aging & Disability Resources (ADR) assistance onsite. Learn More about Aging & Disability Resources assistance.
- Leo’s Place Community Meals at Island Senior Resources Bayview every Wednesday, with lunch 11:45 a.m. – 12:30 p.m., come join us and share in the spirit of community. See what we are serving on the days community meals are available at Leo’s Place : View the food menu.
- For all current activities, programs, and events view the calendar.
Leo’s Place is more than just a place for a meal. It is a place that represents values based on The Village Essentials, written by Leo Baldwin, past ISR board member.
- Find your place and fully inhabit it
- Greet and meet and pause for story
- Invite diversity of acquaintance and friendship
- Come to the table: eat in companionship, savor, and linger
- Contribute generously from what you have learned along life’s way
- Practice your values and your moral code
- Live so that you die in the arms of community
Join us for LUNCH & LEARN
Lunch and Learn presentations at our Bayview location occur Tuesdays from 12:30 pm to 1:30pm. These free, no-charge events are open to the public.
Lunch is optional and served from 11:30am to 12:30pm. For lunch, suggested donation:
- $6 for 60+ seniors and $8 for other ages
Lunch & Learn’s are a collaborative venture with South Whidbey at Home.
View the Nutrition portion of this site for information on what will be served for lunch.
March 17. Let’s Get Social: A Beginner’s Guide to Social Media
Social media can be overwhelming and intimidating, but with a few simple tips and tools, you’ll find that it’s an excellent way to stay connected to family and friends, learn new things, meet folks with shared interests, and stimulate your mind. Join Jessica Karpilo, ISR Outreach Associate, to learn how to get started, how to protect your privacy, and have your questions answered.
March 24. Reverse Mortgage
Many U.S. homeowners, 62 and older, are enjoying retirement by eliminating monthly mortgage payments and creating a cash flow. Ruth Gillis, reverse mortgage professional, will provide an overview of how it works and what to look for.
March 31. Internet Searches: How to Find What You’re Looking For
Learn basic tips and tricks for internet searches with ISR Outreach Associate, Jessica Karpilo. This session will cover shortcuts, commands, image searches, and how to vet the sources you find. Come with questions and learn how to make your internet research more effective.
Additional Lunch and Learn events occur at our Coupeville location.
Disclaimer: Island Senior Resources offers a variety of information, classes, and presentations, but does not endorse any speaker or vendor. Presentations are meant as an educational opportunity and no solicitation is allowed. We suggest attendees explore a variety of options before making any decisions regarding services. Island Senior Resources will not share your information with any vendor or speaker. If you choose to share your contact information, this is at your own discretion.
Share your energy, creativity, and enthusiasm.
View the Activities & Events calendar