Programs and Services
Our programs and services enhance the emotional, social, and physical well-being of seniors, adults with disabilities, and those who care for them.
Click here to read our 2020 Program Report and learn more about the impact of our programs.
Information and assistance with:
- aging and disability programs, services, and resources and help clients identify, understand, and access the services they need.
- support, education, respite, and resources for unpaid caregivers in Island County.
- free in-home care and support services in Island County
Are you looking for help? Not sure who to hire for odd jobs around the house? Or maybe you are in search of a caregiver. Our Private In-home Provider (PIP) list might have just the person you need. Each provider on the list has passed a background check and community members are able to give feedback on their experience.
Trained volunteers provide objective information about Medicare and other medical options in individual consultations by phone or email and Zoom classes.
Our professionally facilitated, free Support Groups meet regularly via Zoom. Groups include:
- Time Together @ Home for those who are isolated and have developmental or cognitive challenges
- Parkinson’s Support Group
- Alzheimer’s & Dementia Caregivers
- Yoga for those living with Parkinson’s, their caregivers, and others with cognitive or movement challenges
- Caregiver Receiver and Grief & Loss Support Group
Island Senior Resources is the trade name of Senior Services of Island County a Washington non-profit corporation, exempt from Federal income tax under section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code.
Island Senior Resources does not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations. These activities include, but are not limited to, hiring and firing of staff, selection of volunteers and vendors, and provision of services. We are committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for all members of our staff, clients, volunteers, subcontractors, vendors, and clients.