Your Donation Can Make A Difference
Island Senior Resources is not a county-run agency. We are a 501 (c)(3)* and we depend upon donations, United Way funding, government contracts, and grants. 16% of our funding comes from contributions from people like you. Donations enable us to offer meals and senior services (medical equipment loans, health services, etc.) for low, or no fees. We have been the leading resource for seniors in Island County for over 35 years.
Make A One-Time Donation Online
(A PayPal account is not needed to make a donation)
Donate By Mailing Us A Check
You can donate by mail. Send your donation to the following address:
Island Senior Resources
14594 SR 525
Langley, WA 98260
Setup A Recurring Online Donation
Click the Subscribe button to get started using our Secure online donation service.
Who Benefits From Donations?
Island Senior Resources is not a county-run agency. We are a 501 (c)(3)* and we depend upon United Way funding, government contracts, donations, and grants. 16% of our funding comes from contributions from people like you.
*Our tax ID # is available upon request
Donations enable us to offer meals and services (medical equipment loans, health services, etc) for low, or no fees. For example, a simple donation of $25 helps supplement home delivered meals to 5 individuals. Island Senior Resources has been the leading resource for seniors in Island County for 35 years. We work quietly behind the face of well-known programs to support more than 16,000 seniors throughout Island County.
- The General Fund helps provide general operating support for all programs.
- Adult Day Services sustains seniors and their caregivers who are in need of support.
- Meals on Wheels provides nourishment for those unable to leave their homes.
- The SSIC Foundation Endowment ensures funding of senior programs for years to come.
How to Give
You can donate by mail, phone or on this website by clicking on any of the Donation boxes and it’ll take you to a page where you can choose the donation level, and frequency, you’re comfortable with.
- You can donate online by clicking the Donate button displayed below. When clicked, your browser will be directed to a secure web site. At this web site, you can choose the donation level, and frequency, you’re comfortable with.
- You can donate by mail. Send your donation to the following address.
Island Senior Resources
14594 SR 525
Langley, WA 98260
- You can donate by phone. At your convenience, please call the following phone number so we can work with you to process your donation.
- Amazon Smile. Shop at AmazonSmile and Amazon will donate 0.5% of your purchase price to the Camano Center, at no additional cost to you! The same products and prices are available on AmazonSmile as on Amazon. Here’s how it works;
- Go to smile.amazon.com.
- Log in with your Amazon username and password.
- Search for and select “Senior Services of Island County ”.
- Shop as you normally would on Amazon.
It’s that easy!
Here are a few ways that people give:
Gifts in Memory
Celebrate the memory of a loved one by giving a gift that enriches others’ lives.
Gifts in Honor
Is someone close to you reaching a milestone in their lives, you can recognize these special events my making a contribution in their honor.
Every dollar you give to Island Senior Resources goes towards helping the aging adults of Island County. When you make a general donation, it helps keep the lights on. Grants and other funding sources often do not support the millions of ‘little things’ that in reality aren’t little.
Find out if your company will match gifts to the charity of your choice.
Planned Giving is a way of understanding how a donation to Island Senior Resources can fit into your financial, tax, or estate goals. Asset transfers in the form of bequests, trust agreements, life insurance living settlements and other ‘legacy’ conveyance tools are all excellent ways of supporting senior welfare into perpetuity.
Gifts of Securities
A gift of securities could provide significant benefits to you as a contributor. Check with your accountant or tax attorney to learn how.
New laws may provide one of the most significant changes to the way you donate.
Help Spread the Word
Giving of your assets and resources are tangible way to give, but sometimes direct giving isn’t possible. Here are a couple of indirect ways to give that can be very valuable and effective:
Family and Friends
Start a blog, open a Cause Page on Facebook or My Space, or build a personal web page and communicate with those you know about the value of helping to support programs for seniors.
Automatically designate SSIC as a recipient of your online auction activity.
Last But Certainly Not Least…
Your time, your influence, your energy are all currency that is valuable to an agency such as ours. It’s true that gifts of money are critical to keeping services viable and available but gifts of time, skill and friendship circles are crucial in their own ways too.
Everyone has something that someone else could use. Think about what you can give and realize that what is commonplace for you may be a treasure to someone else for whom it is rare.
“I expect to pass through this world but once; any good thing therefore that I can do, or any kindness that I can show to any fellow creature, let me do it now; let me not defer or neglect it, for I shall not pass this way again.”
~ Etienne de Grellet