Connect with Others
Welcome! This is the place where you can find ways to connect with others. Join in conversations through social media, talk with others in support groups, and see our calendar for all the activities we bring to you. And don’t miss the list of websites we recommend for connecting with others.
SENIOR PLANET – An online resource center whose goal is to empower those over 60 to understand and use technology to improve their lives. They provide free classes with personal instructors to help anyone join the digital age. Their website has educational classes for seniors about technology, health and wellness, travel, crafting, and more.
ELDERWISE – Engagement activities for those with memory loss.
MOMENTIA SEATTLE – A grassroots movement empowering persons with memory loss and their loved ones to remain connected and active in the community.
DOROT – A resource for all kinds of online activities for seniors: virtual classes in chair yoga, meditation, talks with authors, exercise, global music, a senior men’s group, and intergenerational connection videos. It is also a helpful resource for our Jewish community members. To see their calendar visit https://dorot.trumba.com. If you wish to receive their weekly email of events sign up for their email list at Home | DOROT (dorotusa.org)
Resources for LGBTQIA+ aging
- Join in films, discussions, events and classes that support LGBTQIA+ experiences at https://www.dorotusa.org/lgbtq-programs. They offer a six-week series for LGBTQIA+ older adults seeking tools, strategies and support to age more intentionally and plan for the future. Class space is limited.
- GenPride Seattle offers resources for LGBTQIA+ Aging. They have wellness and fitness classes, social meetings online, workshops, and more. Their mission is to advocate for the unique needs of older LGBTQIA+ adults, offer innovative programs and services that promote wellbeing and prevent social isolation, cultivate belonging through community connection and work to eliminate discrimination in all its forms.
- NorthWest LGBT Senior Care Providers Network
- Senior Planet offers discussion groups. Find their events here
- SAGE LGBTQIA+ elder Hotline at 877-360-LGBT (5428) for crisis response and emotional support programs for LGBTQIA+ aging. SAGE provides advocacy and services for LGBTQIA+ elders.
- Sno-Isle Libraries: LGBTQIA+ Resources