Volunteers support the emotional, social, and physical well-being of seniors, adults with disabilities and those who care for them.
Do you want to remain active and help others?
Volunteering is good for your health, connects you to others, and helps others.
There are many volunteer opportunities for you to choose from.
Current needs are in the following areas:
- Medical Transportation, (on or off island)
- Sorting donations, being a cashier, or filling the shelves at Senior Thrift in Freeland
- Become a trained “Powerful Tools for Caregivers” facilitator
- Help others understand Medicare (we train) through the SHIBA program
- Quick response volunteers, folks who are happy to get a call to help out with a special request like bagging up a tonne of donated potatoes.
- We currently have a waiting list for MOW drivers and volunteer opportunities are constantly changing, so check back regularly to see how you can help, or fill out a volunteer application and be placed on our waiting list for when needs arise.
All volunteers complete an application, a background check, and an interview with a Program Director. Some programs require an additional screening to meet driver safety standards. Volunteers under 18 require approval from a parent or guardian.
Click below to sign-up or contact Mel Watson, Volunteer Coordinator, if you have further questions.
email@example.com – (360) 321-1623