Reasons To Volunteer
Remaining active and involved is essential to enjoying life after retirement. Volunteering is highly satisfying work that makes a huge difference in the lives of others.
Nearly all of our programs offer opportunities to be involved through active volunteering. Some programs, such as Transportation assistance, require an initial screening process, while others begin by completing an application and following through by contacting the program’s director who will call you for an interview.
Come in and talk with us about volunteering, about getting involved and whatever level you have the time and inclination for. And if you’re a mid-phase senior trying to pretend that you’ll never grow old, then give yourself the gift of dispelling your own myths.
Volunteers are the strength of our organization
There is a volunteer opportunity for everyone, whether you are looking for a short term project or a regular commitment. Island Senior Resources is seeking volunteers for assistance throughout the organization. If interested please fill out the volunteer application online and the Volunteer Coordinator will contact you once the application is processed.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Meals on Wheels delivery (MOW)
- Medical Transportation. (on island or off island, you choose) Grocery, Pharmacy, Mail, pickup and delivery.
- Friendly Wellness calls to isolated or vulnerable community members.
- Yard work, with or without your own tools.
- Household cleaning and chores.
Volunteer opportunities supporting programs include:
- Volunteer to become a “Powerful Tools For Caregivers” facilitator. We would like volunteer trainers to co-teach our 6 week class once per quarter. Experience as a family caregiver or experience in social work is helpful.
- Help others to understand Medicare (SHIBA), connect with your community, and meet new friends! We offer volunteer positions for all interests and schedules. Requirements: No experience necessary, we will train.
If you or someone you know needs help, please fill out the Help Request form and we will get you connected.
Thank you for considering joining the army of kind hearted folks in our community, helping to enhance the emotional, social, and physical well-being of seniors, adults with disabilities, and those who care for them.
Let Us Know You Are Interested In Volunteering
Tell us a little about yourself – call the South Whidbey Center to let them know you are interested in volunteering. Once we receive your information, we’ll contact you shortly to discuss volunteer opportunities.