Working at ISR
“I believe in the value of Island Senior Resources; that’s why I work here. We improve lives every day for the individuals we serve. Each day when I go home, I know I have made a difference. It’s more than a job; I’m doing what I believe in.”
– long-time staff member
We hire people, not just qualifications. We respect and value our differences. We ask questions and listen to points of view until we find the best answers to every challenge. We seek individuals who can work collaboratively, value input, think creatively, and bring their experience to an environment where expertise is respected, and a desire to learn and improve is encouraged.
Everyone on staff is both a mentor and a learner every day. All of us are passionate about the work we do together and how we care for each other and every person who needs our help.
Island Senior Resources has a generous benefits package.
- Twelve paid holidays per year, as well as vacation and sick leave.
- Employer supplemented health insurance (employees pay just $200 per month) for employees who work 30 hours or more per week.
- Life insurance for employees who work 20 hours per week or more.
- A discount card for 25% off at Senior Thrift – Island Senior Resources retail store in Freeland, WA.
- Access to the Employee Assistance Program.
- Optional 401K, vision and dental insurance, as well as supplemental insurance.
- Relief positions receive limited benefits including only the Employee Assistance Program, the discount card for Senior Thrift, and enrollment in the 401K and supplemental insurance policies.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Island Senior Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ISR does not and shall not discriminate based on race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender identity, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, military status, or any other legally protected status in any of its activities or operations. We strive to enhance the diversity of lived experiences among our staff.
Receptionist/Office Assistant, Bayview
We are looking for a full-time, friendly and welcoming receptionist/office assistant for the front desk at Island Senior Resources, Bayview. Since it is the first point of contact for many clients and visitors, this position requires excellent customer service skills. The receptionist screens and routes incoming calls, and schedules appointments. Other office duties include data entry and other tasks as assigned.
Nutrition Assistant – Relief
The Nutrition Assistant – Relief position supports the Meals on Wheels program on Whidbey Island. Responsibilities include assisting with food service preparation for the congregate and home-delivered meals as needed.
This position is on call.
- Location: Island Senior Resources – 14594 SR 525, Langley, WA
- Click here for the complete Job Description
- Click here to download the Employment Application.
- Send your application and brief letter expressing your interest via email with “NUTRITION ASSISTANT” in subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Hiring Process Timeline
- Confirmation: After submitting your application, watch for an email confirmation that it was received within a few days of your submission.
- Review: It may take 1-3 weeks before you are contacted for an interview. If you are not selected to participate in an interview, you will be notified by email once the position is filled.
- Interview: If selected for an in-person interview you will be contacted directly by phone or email to schedule a time. During the in-person interview you’ll meet with the hiring manager and search committee members. This interview is both an opportunity for the hiring team to get to know you better and understand your experience and how it relates to the position; as well as an opportunity for you to get to know the manager, department culture, and gain more insight into the specifics of the position.
- Second and/or Additional Interviews: In some cases, a second-round interview will occur, which generally involves meeting with additional members of the department and other stakeholders.
- Background Check & References: Our final step in the evaluation process involves checking references and completing a WA State background check.
- Job Offer: If you are the selected candidate, you will receive a verbal offer from either the hiring manager or a human resources representative. We will then send you an official offer letter outlining the terms and conditions of the offer and will include information for the next steps to becoming part of Island Senior Resources team.
Helping one of our programs is a great way to be involved, stay engaged and active, and be rewarded by helping others. Our programs rely on volunteers. We need you!
Island Senior Resources is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are ADA compliant and do not and shall not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion (creed), gender, gender expression, age, national origin (ancestry), disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status, in any of its activities or operations.