Meals on Wheels, Frozen Take-Out Meals, & Liquid Nutritional Supplements for Island County Residents Age 60+
Wondering what we are currently serving?
Eating well is key to a robust immune system and maintaining health and well-being.
Meals on Wheels
- Nutritious, well-balanced meals (that meet 1/3 of daily nutritional requirements for older adults) delivered to your home at noon by friendly volunteers. Provides essential human connection
- Client wellness checks provide information, resources, and a sense of security for family and loved ones
- For short-term and long-term needs. Delicious, healthy meals; most meals made from scratch; sugar free and gluten free meals available
Frozen Take-Out Meals
- Available Monday, Wednesday and Friday at locations throughout Island County; contact us to arrange pick-up
Liquid Nutritional Supplements
- Available by the case
- Doctor’s prescription required
- Suggested donation $30/case of 24
Recipients must be age 60+ (or the spouse of person 60+); unable to shop for and/or prepare a full meal; and at risk for malnutrition
Meals are provided “by-donation” and clients pay what they can. Donations are needed to keep the program running.
How do I arrange for Meals on Wheels?
Contact Emilly MacCormick, Meals on Wheels Intake Specialist. Contact information is phone 360-321-1615, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
How do I obtain Liquid Nutrition Supplements?
Contact Debbie Metz, Nutritional Program Director. Her contact information is phone 360-321-1600 and email email@example.com.