Aging & Disability
Our goal is to support the independence, dignity and health of older adults.
We are here to help
Finding the right resources can be complicated and overwhelming when you first start looking. We are here to help! We can assist you to identify, understand, and access services available in our community.
These services are free to adults age 60 and over, as well as those concerned with their care.
- Our services are provided over the phone.
- All individuals are screened for eligibility and referred to appropriate programs and services.
- Our services are free of charge. Donations gladly accepted to support our program.
- All information is handled in a confidential manner.
Some of the services that our ADR specialists can put you in touch with
- Adult Day Services
- Assisted living and other supported living options
- Caregiver support
- In-Home Care options
- Chore/housekeeping/home maintenance
- Elder abuse
- Energy assistance/weatherization
- Veterans Resources
- Social Security/Supplemental Security Income/Social Security Disability Income
- Subsidized Rental Housing
- Transportation Services
I’m “Edward.” I’m disabled, age 63. A car accident, 20 years ago, cut short my career. I never imagined I’d run out of money. I had always saved for retirement but it happened earlier than I’d planned. I must use a wheelchair and can’t cook or drive. I depended on the caregiving of my daughter until she had to move “off-island” for her husband’s new job. She can’t be here to help me any more. I’m a very independent sort of person but I knew I needed help and couldn’t afford it. I called the Aging & Disability Resources staff. They arranged programs that would help with caregivers, started Meals on Wheels so I eat regularly, and provided a case manager who helps to be sure I have what I need.