Information & Assistance is the traditional point of contact for people requiring information and linkage with human service providers. I & A provides early intervention and resource support in times of personal or family crisis.
Island Senior Resources is the primary contractor for Island County with Northwest Regional Council, the Area Agency on Aging for Island, San Juan, Skagit and Whatcom counties. Core services are I & A, Case Management and Family Caregiver Support.
Our specialists have knowledge of those portions of the federal, state and local human services delivery systems that pertain to older adults and adults with disabilities, with emphasis on entitlement programs. They are available to meet with you by phone, by office visit or in your home if necessary. All information is handled in a confidential manner.
Some of the services that our I & A specialists can put you in touch with
- Adult Day Services
- Assisted living and other supported living options
- Caregiver support
- Case/care management
- Chore/housekeeping/home maintenance
- Congregate and home delivered meals
- Elder abuse
- Energy assistance/weatherization
- Independent living (COPES Program)
- Medicaid/Medicare/Veterans Benefits
- Senior discounts
- Social Security/Supplemental Security Income/Social Security Disability Income
- Subsidized Rental Housing
- Transportation Services
Your I&A Specialists
Oak Harbor Senior Center
51 SE Jerome
Oak Harbor, WA 98277