Popular Information On Our Web Site
Here are links to take you to locations on our web site people visit a lot.
- The store address and sales events at the Thrift Store
- Our activities, events and services
- Our monthly food menu
- How to donate to help seniors
Additional Resources to Inform and Inspire
In addition to the resources and services provided by Senior Resources, we often come across a number of other helpful resources that we feel would be of interest; hopefully, the following information shines a light of inspiration and information to help you navigate today and tomorrow.
Inclusion of the information on this page does not constitute an endorsement of an organization, agency, or service. Exclusion does not constitute lack of endorsement. Island Senior Resources offers a variety of objective information and resources for you to explore.
Our Latest Postings To Share With You
Postings Shared In The Past
There are numerous health benefits of walking on the beach. Read more and find details on the great beaches of Whidbey Island.
Shopping Local. Farmers Markets
- List of Farmers Market, Farm Stands & CSA’s from Slow Food Whidbey
- 15 Benefits of Shopping at Local Farmers Markets
- Farmers markets are important part of the community for economic, social and environmental vitality
Additional Topics Of Interest
- “The art of making people feel welcome”
- An inspiring radio story of Ed Whitlock, “likely the most successful runner 80 and over in history”
- The Gift-Wrap and the Jewel a poem written by Wanda B. Goines, an eloquent lady, age 92
- Negative ions are great for your health
- The power of naturally occurring negative ions
- Disposal guidelines for Prescription and Non-Prescription Medications in Island County
- Administration for Community Living (ACL). See latest news.
- National Council On Aging(NCOA)
- National Council On Aging Action Center. Make your voice heard!
- Elder Care planning guide from Consumer Affairs