o Volunteer Opportunity – Drivers needed!
Make new friends while offering a much appreciated and highly needed service! When you drive others, you provide not only transportation, but a chance to socialize, and help those who can not normally get out and about.
Transport seniors to and from medical appointments or help with essential errands for groceries, post office, drug stores, and banks. Drivers drive as far south as Seattle, and as far north as Bellingham.
Mileage is reimbursed, and you receive a discount card for purchases at Senior Thrift.
To be a volunteer you must have:
- No moving violations in the past year, or serious at accidents at any time
- A valid Washington driver’s license
- Current Insurance coverage
- Current vehicle registration
- Be over 25 years of age
- Have a friendly outgoing personality
Volunteers are accepted contingent on the results of the following:
- A WATCH background check
- Fingerprints processed with WHP
- Driving record check from Olympia
- Be willing to sign a Mandatory Reporting form
If interested, please contact Pat Weekley at 360-321-1600 or 360-678-3373
o Wanting to improve you driving? Take the new AARP smart driver course!
Saturday, June 8
9 a.m – 5 p.m. at Island Senior Resources (Bayview)
- Refresh your driving skills; understand the new rules of the road.
- Learn driving strategies to help you stay safe behind the wheel.
- This class may save you money on your car insurance.
- There are no tests to pass.
- Lunch not included.
Cost: $15 AARP members, $20 for non-AARP members.
Registration required. Call 360-321-1600 or 360-678-3373.