Tailored Supports For Older Adults (TSOA)
State-funded In-Home Care and Support
What is Tailored Supports for Older Adults?
Tailored Supports for Older Adults (TSOA) is a new program available for Washington residents to provide in-home care and support. TSOA is being launched in Washington State as part of a Medicaid “transformation” effort. Financial limits have been raised under the transformation to serve individuals who are not currently eligible for Medicaid Long Term Care programs.
TSOA is designed to:
- Promote independence and client choice
- Allow individuals to stay in their own homes longer
- Delay or prevent the need for Medicaid Long Term Care Services
- Provide the right service(s), at the right time, in the right setting
- Support individuals and/or unpaid family caregivers
TSOA can provide FREE personal care assistance and in-home supports those who are financially and functionally eligible.
Clients can receive up to $550/month worth of services each month. These services are:
- In-Home Care
- RN and Legal Consultant Services
- PERS Units (life alert buttons)
- Meal on Wheels
- Medical Equipment
- Incontinence Supplies
- Home Modifications
- Home safety evaluations
Am I eligible?
To receive services, individuals must be 55+ and meet the following financial and functional criteria.
Client must need Nursing Facility Level of Care (NFLOC) which is defined as “some” help with three OR “extensive” help with two of the activities listed below:
- Managing Medications
- Extra help due to memory loss or cognitive impairment
- Care receiver’s income must be $2,205 or less (spouse income is not counted)
- Care receiver liquid assets $53,100 or less ($108,647 if married)
- There is no cost to receive services through the TSOA program
- Services can begin right away, depending on provider availability
- This is considered a pre-Medicaid program; there is no risk of estate recovery!
- Services must be provided by approved, state-contracted providers
- Once enrolled, clients will be assigned to a Case Manager who will monitor and authorize services each month
To find out if you are eligible, meet with our Resource Specialists in-person or over the phone.