Tailored Support For Older Adults (TSOA)
Free In-Home Care and Support Services in Island County
Do you need support to remain independent?
TSOA promotes independence and client choice, helps individuals remain home longer, and supports both individuals and unpaid caregivers.
Personal care assistance and in-home supports to those financially and functionally eligible:
- Personal Care
- In-Home Care
- Adult Day Programs
- Consultant Services
- Nurse Consultants
- Legal Consultants
- Home Safety Consultations
- Supplies and Supports
- PERS Units
- Meals on Wheels
- Medical Equipment & Supplies
- Medication Management Systems
- Home Modifications
- Caregiver Support
- Support Groups
- Caregiver Classes
(You may receive up to $638/month worth of services, free of charge)
Am I eligible?
To receive services, individuals must be 55+ and meet the following financial and functional criteria.
- Care recipients must be age 55+
- Must need Nursing Facility Level of Care for help with mobility, eating, toileting, bathing, transferring, managing medications, or extra help due to memory loss or cognitive impairment). (You must need some help with three of these or extensive help with two).
- Care receiver’s income must be $2,349 or less (spouse income is not counted)
- Care receiver liquid assets $53,100 or less ($111,175 if married)
(Must meet functional and financial requirements)
- There is no cost to receive services through the TSOA program
- Services can begin right away, depending on provider availability
- This is considered a pre-Medicaid program; there is no risk of estate recovery!
- Services must be provided by approved, state-contracted providers
- Once enrolled, clients will be assigned to a Case Manager who will monitor and authorize services each month
To find out if you are eligible, meet with our Resource Specialists.