Take charge of your health and well-being
by Sno-Isle Libraries
Managing your physical and mental health sometimes seems like a full-time job. It may feel like an uphill battle if you’re recovering from injury, illness, or emotional hardships.
Sno-Isle Libraries offers activities and tools to help you care for yourself mentally and physically.
Join an Event
Sno-Isle Libraries offers events to engage and inspire you mentally and physically, from crafting to author talks.
- Connect with like-minded people by joining book group discussions (in-person and online) on topics that interest you, from gardening to social justice.
- There are groups offering a variety of crafting options like knitting & crocheting, drawing & painting, and more.
Check out our full calendar of events at sno-isle.org/events.
Reliable and Trusted Information
Looking for accurate information about health and medicine? Google searches can lead to misinformation and confusion. Sno-Isle Library cardholders have access to excellent online databases, including:
- Consumer Health Complete — Access health and wellness information from mainstream medicine to holistic, integrated medicine.
- Consumer Reports on Health — Get healthy with unbiased, independent advice.
- Gale OneFile: Health and Medicine — Find reliable information on fitness, nutrition, and more.
Booklists: Find Your Next Read
No matter what you seek, there’s probably a good book about it. Browse the Sno-Isle Libraries website to find curated lists on subjects including:
- Depression & Anxiety, Motivation, Social & Communication Skills, Yoga & Meditation, Outdoor Hiking & Biking, and more.
Need a recommendation? Our librarians are happy to recommend something personalized to you.
To learn more about the health and wellness activities and tools offered by Sno-Isle Libraries, visit sno-isle.org or speak to a librarian at your local library.