Find new a new passion at the library
by Sno-Isle Libraries
What do you like to do in your spare time? Whether it’s knitting, painting, gardening, woodworking, or even car tinkering, Sno-Isle Libraries offers a variety of opportunities and resources to connect with fellow hobbyists and add to your hobby toolbox.
Online databases packed with tips and techniques
Access videos, articles, instructions, designs, patterns, and more with your library card. Explore free tools to spark your inspiration:
- ChiltonLibrary (new!): Get step-by-step repair procedures, troubleshooting guides, diagnostic trouble codes, photos, illustrations, diagrams, and videos for all kinds of auto repairs.
- Creativebug (new!): Access high-quality arts-and-crafts instructional videos for drawing, painting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, quilting, baking, and more, along with downloadable patterns, templates, and recipes.
- Gale OneFile: Gardening and Horticulture: Explore all things gardening, including soil management, propagation, watering, and pest management. Access more than 3.6 million articles from journals and reference books.
- Birds of the World: For birders and would-be birders, discover comprehensive life histories for all bird species and families.
- Ancestry Library Edition: Discover the world’s largest online family history resource, home to billions of historical records and many helpful, time-saving tools.
Check out our events calendar to learn more about these upcoming group activities that you could join:
- Board Game Night: Join Zo at Clinton Hall for an evening of games. Try out the games provided, or bring your own!
- SilverKite Online Workshops: Learn new art forms from watercolors to dance to drawing! Sno-Isle Libraries partners with SilverKite Community Arts to offer a variety of free, online, intergenerational workshops.
- The Wise Gardeners Book Group: Join fellow PNW gardeners! Dig into gardening themes with books inspired by nature and gardening on the 4th Thursday of the month at 6:00 p.m. at the Clinton Community Hall.
Crafting meetups (online and in-person)
Sno-Isle Libraries hosts a variety of get-togethers for crafters. Learn more and register on our events page:
- Online Craft & Chat: Share skills, learn about library resources and connect with fellow crafters at one of these online events. All craft and skill levels are welcome. Dates and times vary.
- Crafters’ Corner: No matter your craft of choice, join other local enthusiasts at the Coupeville Library on Mondays from 10 a.m. to noon.
All the books
No matter what information you seek, there’s a good book about it. Browse sno-isle.org for curated book lists on quilting, sewing, knitting, crocheting, woodworking, drawing, painting, jewelry design, and so much more. And don’t forget! You can always ask a librarian for recommendations specific to your interests.
To learn more about how to pursue your favorite hobbies at the library, visit sno-isle.org or speak to a staff member at your local library.