Statewide Health Insurance Benefits Advisors (SHIBA)
SHIBA is a partially state-funded program sponsored by Island Senior Resources, under the guidance of the Washington State Office of the Insurance commissioner
Do you need help with Medicare?
We can help you learn the rules of Medicare for yourself or a loved one. Trained volunteers provide objective information about Medicare and other medical options in individual consultations or classes (see Webinar discussion below).
- Information on enrollment, costs and benefits, prescription coverage, low-income assistance
- Unbiased and confidential information. SHIBA volunteers do not choose plans for you, you choose!
- Anyone eligible for or currently enrolled in Medicare
- Anyone who needs to know more about Medicare and related programs
- Free; however, donations are always appreciated as state funding does not cover the full cost of the program.
Watch the following videos prior to attending an online Medicare webinar or at any other time
Original Medicare vs Medicare Advantage Plans
Deceptive Marketing Practices and Medicare Health Plans
- Unbiased Medicare advice: What to know about SHIP programs. Fortune Well. (Note – SHIPS is called SHIBA in Washington state)
Get help paying for Medicare
See if you qualify for a Medicare Savings Program: Learn More.