Our offices and services are closed on the following days. Note – Senior Thrift is opened on the days marked with *, otherwise Senior Thrift is closed on that day as well.
- *Monday, January 21 – Martin Luther King Jr Day
- *Monday, February 18 – President’s Day
- *Monday, May 27 – Memorial Day
- Thursday, July 4 – Independence Day
- *Monday, September 2 – Labor Day
- Thursday, November 28 – Thanksgiving Day
- *Friday, November 29
- *Tuesday, December 24 – Christmas Eve
- Wednesday, December 25 – Christmas Day
THE LIGHTS ARE BRIGHTER THAN EVER! Garden d’Lights features over half a million lights that transform the Bellevue Botanical Garden into a blossoming winter wonderland. Each holiday season, thousands of visitors enjoy this dazzling display. This year, the route has changed, grown, and become more magical than ever.
$55 non members
December 20 @ 1:30 pm – 9:00 pm
Leave Island Senior Resources (Bayview) at 1:50 pm
Leave Mukilteo at 2:30 pm
Return Mukilteo at 8:30 pm
Contact us at 360-321-1600 to register to go to this exciting event.
Free Living Well Workshops
We are offering two free Living Well workshops. Please review the following details including registration information.
- The Living Well with Chronic Conditions workshop is designed to help individuals who have an ongoing condition (such as diabetes, asthma, heart disease, chronic pain, arthritis, and hypertension) improve the quality of their lives.
- The Living Well with Pain workshop is designed for people who experience chronic or on-going pain, are often exhausted from the pain, lack energy, and feel isolated with a lack of control.
Both classes provide tools, information, and strategies to help those with pain or a chronic condition cope with daily struggles. Mutual support in a caring and trusting environment and success build the participants’ confidence in their ability to manage their health and maintain active, fulfilling lives. Participants learn to reduce stress and frustration, manage symptoms, set weekly goals, problem-solve effectively, improve communication, relax, handle difficult emotions, eat well, and exercise safely. Past participants report feeling an increase in their confidence and motivation to manage the challenges of living with a chronic health condition. Family members, friends and caregivers can also participate.
- These 6-week workshops offered by Island Senior Resources are FREE!!
- You will also receive the book “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Conditions” or “Living a Healthy Life with Chronic Pain” to use during both workshops. At the end of the workshop you will have the opportunity to purchase the books, if you choose.
Time and locations
CLASS – LIVING WELL WITH CHRONIC CONDITIONS
The Oak Harbor Senior Center (In Modular Building)
Thursdays, Sept 28 – Nov 2, 1–3:30 pm
CLASS – LIVING WELL WITH PAIN
Coupeville Library (In Meeting Room)
Wednesdays, Sept 20 – Oct 25 1–3:30 pm
Registration is required and class size is limited. Please contact Debbie Metz, 360-321-1621 to register for either or both classes.