Senior Services of Island County is adapting to our changing world. In turbulent times, as senior populations are increasing, and the future of funding for social programs is in question, we are committed to helping seniors thrive, be safe, well-nourished, and informed.
Our new trade name, Island Senior Resources, reflects our focus on providing essential programs and resources, not available elsewhere, that allow seniors to remain independent and make sustaining choices: Aging & Disability Resources, Family Caregiver Support, Meals on Wheels, seven meal sites, Medical Transportation, Adult Day services, HUD subsidized housing, and SHIBA (State Health Insurance Benefits Advisors).
• Weekly, Tuesday Lunch & Learn programs will begin at Island Senior Resources (Bayview) on April 4th.
• We are producing a monthly insert in the Whidbey Weekly (Prime Times) and a twice-yearly newsletter. We are also expanding email contact, social media and our website: www.senior-resources.org. Look to these for our calendar of programs, menus, trips, and special events. The quarterly Guide will no longer be published.
• The Island Senior Resource Center (Bayview) has meeting rooms available for rent to the public.
• Our Information & Assistance and Family Caregiver Support programs will provide in-person and phone assistance to individuals, families and caregivers under a new name, Aging & Disability Resources.
• As we focus on providing essential resources, activity classes previously offered by the Island Senior Resource Center (Bayview), are changing structure. Instructors may rent our facility but will manage promotion and registration for their classes themselves.
• Social opportunities such as Bingo, Bridge, Mah Jong, Quilting, and Dancing to the Fun Band will continue, as will expanded local and regional travel opportunities.
• In our commitment to excellence, we will be developing partnerships with private and public entities to ensure continued access to essential resources.
• We will continue to provide gateways to resources in convenient locations in Oak Harbor, Coupeville, South Whidbey, and on Camano Island.
CLICK HERE to see everything that’s happening with Island Senior Resources in April.
Come join us for food, friendship, fun and find the assistance you need.